By Jennifer 8. Lee | August 8, 2008
It’s my holiday. Sort of. At least people think of it as such. I was even asked to write a piece on the day for the New York Times , which inspired all sorts of radio interviews.
Here are some of the notes I’ve gotten from people thus far.
- From a former professor: “Best wishes for 8/8/08.”
- From a fellow reporter in Iraq (over IM): “happy 8 day”
- From an author friend: “happy eightness!” (subject line was “huit”, which looked like “hult” when I first glanced at it)
- From another reporter: “crazy eights. it’s your special day!”
- From a fortune cookie source: “Happy 8-8-08”
- From a Jewish book fair coordinator: HAPPY 8-8-08!!!!!!! This must be a triple Chai (18 x 3), right?”
- From a long-time friend from camp: “Happy 8.8.08 Jenny 8 Lee!”
- From my sister: “Happy 08-08-08! Hopefully today is your lucky day! :)”
- From random person on Facebook: “I don’t know you but happy 08/08/08!”
- From my best friend (grandfathered in by the skin of our teeth): “Happy 8 day!”
- From my agent: “Happy 8 day!”
- From a developer at work: “Just wanted to wish you a happy 8.8.8! You must be throwing a special party for yourself, hmm?”
- From a reporter-researcher on my Facebook wall: “I hope you’re enjoying you personal once-inn-a-century holiday!!!”
- From a Oxford student: “Happy you day. augustus caesar named a month after himself. You are the closest we get these days.”
- From a former EPA source: “8-8-08. This is your day!”
I don’t think I got this much far-reaching attention on my birthday!
Comments are closed.